FlipSide, Pisco Encanto, Anchor Brewing, & Pushback Wines Present
Sunken Ships, Shanties & Shucks:
Sordid Stories of Seaward San Francisco & The Barbary Coast
Thursday, November 14, 2013
6 to 10pm
The Old Mint
88 Fifth Street at Mission
Join FlipSide at the Historic 1874 Old Mint for an evening of Barbary Coast music, drinks, and history
Come to the Old Mint and discover the seedy underbelly of boomtown San Francisco. Shuck an oyster, sip a Pisco Punch, and hear historical tales of how our waterfront came to be (Did you know that we are walking on sunken ships?). Evening will include a live Sea Shanty Band and exclusive Barbary Coast exhibits as you tour the Old Mint. It was gold, ambition, and opportunity that created our great city!
All proceeds from this non-profit event, hosted by FlipSide, benefit the San Francisco Museum at the Mint project and the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
- Drinks available by Encanto Pisco, Anchor Brewing, and Pushback Wines
- Presentations by Paula Lichtenberg, Mike Braun, Charles Fracchia
- Live Performances by the Barbary Ghosts
- Oysters and Food available
- Exhibits by Guardians of the City and San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park
21+ WITH VALID ID
Buy tickets at sunkenships.eventbrite.com.
Thanks to our sponsors: