Membership is the best way to help preserve the rich and colorful history of one of our nation's most famous cities — San Francisco.
Membership Levels and Dues
- History Enthusiast - $45/year, $80/year Dual*
Formerly Individual, Family
- Senior (age 62+) - $30/year, $50/year Dual*
Formerly Senior Individual, Dual Senior
- Community Access (Students, K-12 teachers, disabled) - $30/year
These memberships include enhanced membership benefits:
- Sustaining - $120/year Individual or Dual*
- Contributing - $275/year Individual or Dual*
- Gold Circle - $1,000/year Individual, $1,500/year Dual*
* - Dual memberships are available only to members who reside at the same address.
All members of the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society receive the following basic benefits:
- Panorama - the Society's quarterly newsletter announcing programs and activities and featuring historical articles and book reviews
- The Argonaut - our semiannual journal of original articles about San Francisco history
- Free admission* to monthly programs, featuring presentations on remarkable aspects of San Francisco history.
- Free admission* to periodic Tours of the Old Mint.
- Invitations and discounted tickets* to events such as the annual Awards Luncheon and Holiday Tea
- Discounts and priority ticketing* for FlipSide events
- Guided walking tours of San Francisco neighborhoods and districts and the Barbary Coast Trail
- Invitations for periodic excursions to buildings and locations of historic significance
* Benefit covers one person, two for Dual memberships.
All basic benefits, plus:
- Choice of a free book celebrating San Francisco (value $15 - $20)
- Four guest passes for monthly programs or tours of the Old Mint (value up to $40)
All basic benefits, plus:
- Choice of a free book celebrating San Francisco (value $30 - $40)
- Ten guest passes for monthly programs or tours of the Old Mint (value up to $100)
- Credit of up to $50 in additional discounts which may be applied to admission to selected special excursions or special events
Gold Circle ($1,000/year, $1,500/year Dual)
This membership includes a substantial built-in tax-deductible donation ($700 single, $1,000 dual). These members enjoy several special perks, such as invitations to private parties.
All Sustaining membership benefits, plus:
- Complimentary admission to the Holiday Tea (two for dual)
- Complimentary admission and VIP seating at the annual Awards luncheon (two for dual)
- Invitations to exclusive receptions and special events
- Recognition in Panorama
All benefits are subject to change.