The Museum is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WE WILL BE CLOSED ON:
Thursday, November 24 ALL DAY
Friday, November 25, ALL DAY
Open Saturday, November 26
Closed on Thursday, December 1, ALL DAY – for a private event.
* * * Interested in renting our space? * * *
Contact Chris Griffith at (415) 537-1105, X-3 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a Virtual Tour
If you haven’t had a chance to visit the museum, or if you’d like to revisit it, you can now take a virtual tour, courtesy of SF Travel. Click HERE or on the image below for a 360-degree tour of the SFHS Museum
FAQs – RENTAL OF 608 COMMERCIAL STREET
- WHO IS THE CONTACT FOR INQUIRIES/ TOURS/RESERVATIONS?
Chris Griffith at (415) 537-1105, X-3 | email@example.com
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL FEE? Two full floors of use, including kitchen, staging room, restrooms, 100 chairs, and an A/V system (speakers, four wireless mics, and podium, SFHS staff to answer questions at the beginning of event, security service (one guard).
- WHAT IS THE COST OF FULL FACILITY RENTAL? FACILITY $5,000; CLEANING FEE $1000; SECURITY DEPOSIT $1500, DUE WITH RESERVATION.
- WHAT IF OUR EVENT MUST BE CANCELLED? Cancelled events may be rescheduled within six months of the original scheduled date.
- WHAT HOURS IS THE MUSEUM AVAILABLE? EVENINGS after 4 PM, DAYTIMES negotiable, until 11PM.
- WHAT IS THE EARLIEST A CATERER OR VENDOR MAY ACCESS FOR SET UP? Vendors can access the building for set up at 11 AM, earlier negotiable.
- ARE THERE SPECIAL RATES FOR MULTI-DAY EVENTS? Special rates are negotiable.
- WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO DÉCOR, MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT? A description of intended use must be presented in writing and approved.
- WILL THERE BE OTHER GROUPS RENTING ON THE SAME DAY? Only one event will be booked per day, one party at a time.
- MAY I USE MY PREFERRED CATERER? You may use a preferred caterer; we also have a list of caterers familiar with the space.
- ARE THERE DISCOUNTS FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS? Discounts are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- CAN THE SPACE BE AVAILABLE FOR FUNDRAISING, POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS EVENTS OR EVENTS FOR GUESTS UNDER THE AGE OF 21? Yes, subject to prior approval.
- PARKING is available nearby at the Portsmouth Square Garage or the Hilton Garage, both within a block of 608 Commercial.